Both creatinine & uric acid are metabolic wastes entering the blood stream & then expelled out of the body by kidneys. Once the serum creatinine & uric acid level is raised, food & medical therapy have to be strictly implemented.
This article touches upon the foods to Lower Serum Creatinine and Uric Acid Level.
According to the nature of creatinine & uric acid, a smart food therapy should take into consideration two aspects:
- Reduce the formation of creatinine & uric acid, &
- Increase the Kidney function.
Creatinine is the byproduct of creatine, while uric acid is generated from purine. In view of this, the following suggestions may be considered:
● Regulate the intake of meat & fish as they are the source of creatine. If taken in abundance, these foods can raise your creatinine level. If the intake of these protein rich foods is stopped for a period of a month or two then the creatinine levels can be seen to go down.
● Abstain from animal organ meat, crab, mushroom, etc., as these are high in purine, so they are harmful for people with high uric acid.
● Replace beer & alcohol to water or green tea. Alcoholic beverages are rich in purine that can increase uric acid level.
It has been well researched and reported that many foods indeed can help increase urine output so that more creatinine & uric acid can be removed from the body via urine.
● Fruits: Some fruits such as cranberry & kiwi fruit are rich in vitamin C that can greatly aid in improving kidney function, thus getting rid of more metabolic wastes.
● Vegetables & fruits: Celery, broccoli, parsley, guava, etc. contain high potassium, while potassium has an effect on improving urine output. However, if your blood test shows elevated potassium levels, you should watch your intake.
● Enough carbohydrate: As suggested by kidney experts, carbohydrate is able to improve the excretion of uric acid. Therefore, whole grain is a good choice with doctors’ advice.
● Herbal teas, green teas are known to increase the filtration rate of kidneys. Drinking a cup of herbal tea is good to reduce serum creatinine & uric acid level.
Hope that from the above analysis, you have got a general understanding of what foods to reduce serum creatinine & uric acid.
What Food To Avoid To Lower Creatinine?, What Not To Eat When Uric Acid Is High?, How Do You Lower Creatinine Levels?, How Can I Reduce My Uric Acid Levels?, Reasons For High Creatinine And Uric Acid, Diet For High Uric Acid And Creatinine, Normal Uric Acid And Creatinine Levels, Does Creatine Increase Uric Acid, Uric Acid Creatinine Ratio, Urea And Uric Acid Normal Values, Excess Amounts Of Urea Creatinine And Uric Acid In The Blood, Low Creatinine And Uric Acid